Durbanville Hills is and has been a TrailFun favourite forever.
Everyone who has run it before has there own reason. Durbanville Hills is a smaller estate, the vine blocks are smaller so we are able to break the uphills into smaller more manageable portions. Having lots of nooks and crannies the run is more interesting as the terrain changes quickly as you pass through the estate. This is a great entry level run if you are looking for an introduction to trail running.
Then, as if it is possible, you get to the finish line and things get better ! The friendly Durbanville Hills staff are on hand with glasses of wine for you to taste as you relax under the trees for the prize giving. Breakfast buns and amazing tasting platters are available to make this an amazing start to your Saturday
Changes to our 2020 Season Series - lets go through it :
- Puzzle medals, each medal joins together with our other event medals. Complete the series to complete the puzzle.
- Summer Series - D'Aria ( Dec 2019) - SIMONSIG (Jan 2020) - Durbanville Hills (Feb 2020) - Groot Constantia (Feb 2020)
- Autumn Series - Nooitgedacht (Mar 2020) - TBD (Apr 2020) - D'Aria (May 2020) - Groot Constantia (May 2020)
- Winter Series - Durbanville Hills (Jun 2020) - Nooitgedacht (Jun 2020) - TBD (Jul 2020) - Neethlingshof (Jul 2020) - Hillcrest (Aug 2020)
- Spring Series - TBD (Sep 2020) - CY Market (Oct 2020) - Groot Constantia (Oct 2020) - TBD (Nov 2020) - Simonsig (Nov 2020)
- Holiday Series - Human Rights Day D'Aria - Freedom Day Neethlingshof - Womans Day Durbanville Hills - Heritage Day Neethlingshof
- Loop the Long route for a LSD (long slow distance) training run. For Venues with a full 10km you can loop it for a 20km training run. There are no positional prizes for the 20km LSD. Just register for the 10km and arrive early to make the pack start.
Routes, profiles, descriptions and pictures will be posted on FaceBook during the 2 week lead-up to the event. Your entry includes a free Wine Tasting at the finish line. Breakfast buns, coffee and all sorts of goodies available afterwards with our Legendary Lucky Draws and prize-giving.
Date : Saturday 8 February 2020
Venue : Durbanville Hills Wine Estate
07h30 10km start time
07h45 5km start time
Entry fee :
5km R 70 Juniors
MEDALS TO ALL FINISHERS !
Contact : Rodney Russell
Tel : 074 900 9235
Email : rodney[at]trailfun.co.za
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)|
|TrailFun : Durbanville Hills 10km||10 km 5km loop||07:30||R 120.00|
TrailFun : Durbanville Hills 5km (Junior)
There is an amazing trophy for the first boy and girl in the Junior category
|5 km entry level 5km||07:45||R 70.00|
|TrailFun : Durbanville Hills 5km||5 km entry level 5km||07:45||R 120.00|
Durbanville Hills Wine Estate, Cape Town
|Route information||From Cape Town, take the N1 (north in the direction of Paarl). Take exit 10, then exit 13, followed by exit 13A to get onto the N7, in the direction of Malmesbury.
|Address||Tygerberg Valley Road, Durbanville.|